Photo
- - - - -

Screen lights up, but no picture on Dell Inspiron 700m Laptop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Luli

Luli

New Geek

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:13 AM

My display on my Inspiron 700m laptop suddenly went out. I simply started it up one day and the screen lit up, but was a completely blank white screen. My boyfriend thinks I need a new monitor. I was wondering if it could be something wrong with the driver, the video card or the connection. I live in Cambodia right now where repairs on a Dell are virtually impossible to get. If I can narrow the problem down though, I can get the replacement part from the States sent to me in Cambodia. Anyone have any ideas? BTW, when I hook my computer up to an external monitor, the display is fine. I think it's a hardware problem, but just in case, I'm running NT

#2 Dave@Bytes

Dave@Bytes

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 33,415 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:29 AM

Using deductive reasoning I would also suspect a problem with the screen or a loose connection inside. The fact that it works with an external monitor rules out a driver or video card problem.

Anyone else, please chime in.

#3 indrabayo3

indrabayo3

New Geek

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:20 AM

u can jumper ure lcd flexible.....maybe it can fix up your laptop

#4 Technica

Technica

VIP

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:48 AM

Using deductive reasoning I would also suspect a problem with the screen or a loose connection inside. The fact that it works with an external monitor rules out a driver or video card problem.

Anyone else, please chime in.

Please do not assume that a GPU is definately not faulty if there is still display going to the monitor, I have on numerous occasions had Dell's with faulty GPU chips that wont show on the screen but still display on the monitor so it does not rule it out at all. :rolleyes:

Edited by Technica, 22 May 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#5 bucksfanjimj

bucksfanjimj

• Moderators
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

Guys, this thread is 3 years old. 'nuff said.