Photo
- - - - -

new window opens every time I click a link

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 KWest

KWest

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:03 PM

Ok you wonderful computer guru's I need some help. Two things happened with in minutes of each other and now every time I click on a link (Ex: click to sign in to yaoo mail or when I then click on the inbox) a new window pops open. Also, I have a scrolling mouse and when I try to scroll it is like I am clicking on my back button to go back to the previous page.

Now, what happened just before these troubles started....

First, my cat jumped on the keyboard and I am not sure if she hit a combination of keys to cause this to occur. Now a dialog box did pop up something about repetive keystrokes but I am having a brain freeze right now, I chose cancel as it said that it would slow down keystrokes (It had to do with holding down the right shift or control key for 8 seconds)

Second, I restarted after the latest firefox update

any and all help would be appreciated as right now I have 10 browser windows opened just trying to navigate through here.

Help!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

#2 just_a_nobody

just_a_nobody

VIP

• Registered
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:23 PM

I am not sure this is your problem concerning Firefox, but click on the tools menu/Options/Tabs tab/and see if open in new window is marked. The mouse problem check the mouse settings in the Control panel, or try turning you computer off for a couple minutes and restarting it.