Photo
- - - - -

Error: cannot proceed with current internet connection settings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 janban54

janban54

New Geek

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:07 AM

when opening a program that requires a internet connection i rec'v a error message. i've been trying to reinstall java and i get the error message also.

THE INSTALLER CANNOT PROCEED WITH THE CURRENT INTERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS

recently i have had to do a system restore, and i never had this problem before doing the restore. i was told it may be a proxy setting. please help, this is driving me crazy!!! :confused:

i have windows xp, and ie7 / cable internet

#2 just_a_nobody

just_a_nobody

VIP

• Registered
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:40 PM

Perhaps this site will help you out: http://www.java.com/...nnect_proxy.xml

#3 Relative amateur

Relative amateur

New Geek

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

I'm no tech expert, by any measure, but I fixed this Java install problem quite easily without the need to 'hijack' any logs, fix registry values, change any firewall settings, or understand what a 'proxy' is. Even if it doesn't work for you it's so simple, and quick to reverse, that it's worth a try before doing anything else.

Go to internet options from the control panel and select the 'connections' tab. From here click 'Lan Settings' and select the tick the box that says 'automatically detect settings'. Click 'ok' and then 'Apply'. At this point it might be worth noting that I don't know what any of this means but you can easily put it back to how it was! I'm running Vista by the way.

Double click Java from control panel. Update tab and 'update now'.

This change made Internet Explorer work again, (even though I don't really use it because I use Firefox), and it allowed the Java update to work.

Hope it works for you. If so, post here and let me know how brilliant I am!

Edited by Relative amateur, 03 May 2009 - 04:44 PM.
addition to text

#4 danielhabib

danielhabib

New Geek

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

i swear my god man ur damen genuis thx soooooooo much i needed this solution iam really soo happy thx so much man thx soooooooooooo much