Photo
- - - - -

Streaming Video always stop mid-stream - Please Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeffwin1668

jeffwin1668

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:24 PM

When I watch any video (eg. Youtube etc..) on my PC, it always stops mid-stream and needs to wait for a while or longer at times before it will continue. Even if the video is very short, it may still stop mid-stream, very annoying. I called my service provider and they claimed is not a cable problem but each time I was given a different answer. I was told my router caused the delay by one tech person and another told me I need to increase the buffer size on my PC. But I was never provided any info has to how this can be resolved. Can someone help and provide some remedies as to how to do this?
Thanks for all input...

#2 bucksfanjimj

bucksfanjimj

• Moderators
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

Specs of your computer please? You may not have enough RAM? You mention that you were told that possibly the router is at fault. Try plugging your computer directly into your modem and see if it still happens.

#3 jeffwin1668

jeffwin1668

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

Thanks for the reply...

My PC is fairly new (1 yr old) and it has 4 gigs RAM running on core 2 quad and 512 video RAM. May not be top of the line but should be good enough for most applications. Web browsing is fine and it's just watching videos on youtube or any website for that matter. The video starts OK, runs for a while, stops and waits midstream before finally carries on. Sometimes it will stop once and sometimes it may stop several times. The PC is connected by cable from the router as I cannot connect the PC directly to the cable outlet due to location. How do I increase the buffer size on my PC to resolve the video problem or is it the router that's causing the trouble?

Thanks for any suggestions...

#4 bucksfanjimj

bucksfanjimj

• Moderators
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

So I take it that your computer is using a wireless connection to access the internet? I think it would still be best to move your computer and try plugging directly into your cable modem and see if there are any changes. If the problem persists, then it's not the router.