Photo
- - - - -

TOSHIBA SATELLITE L305D - Battery Light Blinks Orange 6 Times when I Try and Power Up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 ammad2006

ammad2006

New Geek

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

Every time I try to start up my TOSHIBA SATELLITE L305D, the battery light blinks orange six times and nothing else happens.

My first issues with the laptop started when the battery started deteriorating. The batter lasted less and less without the charger until the point came where I couldn't even use the laptop without an AC power supply because the battery life was like 2 minutes. That was fine until the charger wouldn't charge the laptop at all. I then replaced that charger, and all was well again. But recently the new charger had stopped working, and this time I realize that the little power jack was out of place. I disasembled the laptop, put the jack in its place, and it started working again, although sometimes I had to bend the charger at angles to get it to work properly.

Yesterday, the laptop stopped working at all. When I have the battery in, whether the charger is in or out, all that happens when I press the power button is the battery light blinks 6 times orange. If the battery isn't in, nothing happens when I press the power button.

Any help would be appreciated!

#2 roadrage

roadrage

PCTechBytes Elite

• Registered
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Hi ammad
I have the same problem with my HP notebook as well, the battery is shot and the charger is just as bad, my light blinks off and on as well with the ac charger (bad chord) so I have to wiggle it from the charger end as I know the jack end is good, and when it says the battery is at a 100% charge it only last about 5 mins at the most, I am getting a new battery and charger for it when I head back east for work, so besides the battery issue...either your new ac charger is a bad out of the box because of a bad chord or the jack is still bad on the notebook and works intermittently, in Seattle here most pc stores will check it out for you for free and tell you what is wrong with it and then you can go from there, you may want to try just a local mom and pop pc store instead of one of the big ones because the big ones are always busy and short handed and may not be able to look at it for a couple of days while ma and pa will check it out on the spot.
The blinking amber light is indicating your battery is low and a non blinking amber usually means you are charged and ready to go, I have yet to see just the green light yet...lol

Edited by roadrage, 10 June 2011 - 03:20 PM.