micky_wong

Firefox crashes

8 posts in this topic

Hi micky,

I split your topic into your own thread so we dont get confused.  You can simply try running the Adblock add-on and it will keep them from being able to run.  Or You can uninstall and reinstall FF to likely fix your issue.

I suggest the same as Dr_Bob. AdBlocker is a very useful ad-ons. 
And one more thing, please update your FireFox browser, if you do not running  the latest version. 

Maybe updating the Firefox to latest version will resolve this as for me the frequent crash issue was resolved by running updates.

1. Using the Mozilla Crash Reporter - After Firefox crashes, you should see the Mozilla Crash Reporter. This is a dialog box where you can tell Mozilla what has happened so they can do something about it (hopefully). If you would like Mozilla to contact you about the crash, remember to click on that option as well.

2. Switch to Safe Mode - When Firefox stops working, you can also try launching the browser in “Safe Mode” to see if an extension is the problem. You can start Firefox in Safe mode by pressing the “Shift” key while it is starting, or you can click on the “menu button – > Question Mark -> Restart with Add-Ons Disabled, and select “Start in Safe Mode” on the popup window.