Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Viro

Malwarebytes for tech shops

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, new to the forums here but not new to PC repair. I have a small computer repair service and plan on expanding soon. I'd like to provide my customers with a good malware protection. I often see 5-8 computers per month with malware type infections. I often use malwarebytes free edition to repair them, I almost swear by the program! My question is, is anyone aware of any deals offered to pc repair shops for malwarebytes? Or even a discounted option for repair technicians to offer to customers for malwarebytes? So far it seems that i can get it online cheaper than i can from bestbuy, but online requires purchase with my business cards and registration with my email.

I usually try to set my customers up with the lifetime version that you can find on Amazon.  Think it is $50 for the program for life with no monthly fee.  If they still have them out there that is.  They may have sold out already.  And as long as it is being used on only 1 PC for a residential setting it is within the user agreement.  Other than that you would have to buy individual licenses for each machine from Malwarebytes or you can just install the free version.  Only difference is that the paid version is live scanning versus manual.

I use SafeBytes. I'm using it for last 3-4 months. It has served me very well till now. Could you tell me if it is well enough?