bellow

Random stuff happening

Question

Sorry this is long. I walked away from my computer and all was well I could move the mouse, type and everything. Come back within 5 mins and could not move the mouse or even type. Looked at bottom of mouse and the light was light up but the numbers key on the keyboard was night. So I tried changing the ports they where plugged into(have had issue with the keyboard before and changing the mouse and keyboard ports around always fixes it). Still no light. so I unplugged both and tried just the mouse no light, plugged into the other one no light. So I plugged the mouse into the front ports and no light. Hard booted the computer and both work now. Everything was fine until a couple hours later when I was playing a game and listening to music. My sound just went out so I paused the music and check the sound in game had no sound. My speaker icon when click shows two different sounds choices so I changed that and nothing. Shut off and restart the computer still no sound checked the speaker icon had two choice so I changed to the second on and had sound. I thought today I would check the event log and got some error about some snap thing not loading(I cannot remember what it sound). Is there anything I should check in the event viewer when I get there?

10 answers to this question

Hey Bellow welcome back,

What you want to take notes on in Event Viewer,  is anything flagged in red and yellow,  look at the time stamps when they were flagged to see if they coincide with the time your computer was having the issues,  make sure to give us in detail or take a snap shot if you can of what was flagged at that particular time and we can go from there.

:biggrin:

Edited by roadrage

I am presuming you are using USB mouse and keyboard, right?  First I would go into safe mode, and download up to date definitions for your anti virus, as well as anti malware.  I would run a full system scan for both.

Next I would reinstall the USB drivers.  I would go to the Device Manager and under USB Root Hub or something like that, I would right click and hit uninstall.  The OS should detect the USB bus and install drivers from the driver.cab file.  This will be a fresh installation of USB drivers.

It's unlikely, but maybe the keyboard and mouse were hitting the dust at around the same time.  OR, there is a problem with the USB bus, which resides on the motherboard.  If the devices are known to be okay, malicious code scanned for, ports known to be good, and fresh USB software installed - that doesn't fix the issue then I would consider buying a new motherboard.  Hope this helps.

EDIT:  You can also try reinstalling the OS.

Edited by so0ky

Yeah that 6008  ID Event code just means the computer was turned off from the power button and not through a normal windows shutdown.

Can you go to a Restore Point maybe,  hopefully you made some or your computer did for you.

In the past I have had issue with restore points not working. I have had to use a restore with all my files saved just to get back on to the main desktop screen

Bellow,

I will devote some time for you tomorrow,  can you give me a time frame when you can devote time for me for this issue ?  you need to be here.

I am on pacific time GMT -8 Seattle

Edited by roadrage

On 3/14/2017 at 8:39 PM, bellow said:

Sorry this is long. I walked away from my computer and all was well I could move the mouse, type and everything. Come back within 5 mins and could not move the mouse or even type. Looked at bottom of mouse and the light was light up but the numbers key on the keyboard was night. So I tried changing the ports they where plugged into(have had issue with the keyboard before and changing the mouse and keyboard ports around always fixes it).

Just to be clear and we should always be as clear as possible.   How do you know that your mouse and keyboard stopped responding but not your entire system?  Did you see the time in the bottom corner advance or something else on the screen continue to function?

I was trying to get the mouse to work that I never looked at the time. And when the keyboard has no lights no matter how many times you press the num lock key I think it is safe to say it had something more to do with the mouse and keyboard then the computer itself. Given the fact that when I unplugged and replugged in both the mouse stopped having a light

7 hours ago, roadrage said:

Bellow,

I will devote some time for you tomorrow,  can you give me a time frame when you can devote time for me for this issue ?  you need to be here.

I am on pacific time GMT -8 Seattle

I am not sure when I will be on as it is Friday

1 hour ago, bellow said:

I was trying to get the mouse to work that I never looked at the time. And when the keyboard has no lights no matter how many times you press the num lock key I think it is safe to say it had something more to do with the mouse and keyboard then the computer itself. Given the fact that when I unplugged and replugged in both the mouse stopped having a light

You would think so but thats probably not the case.  When this occured did you see any kind of light blinking indicating hard drive activity?  Did you try to tap the power button (not hold it down) and give it a min to see if it shut down?  

Tell us about the times in the past when "have had issue with the keyboard before and changing the mouse and keyboard ports around always fixes it" did it ever happen while you were using the keyboard and mouse or is it always while your computer is idle?

The next time the sound issue happens open up the sound section of your control panel, right click the default sound device in the playback tab and click test.   Does it successfully play a sound? Does it give you an error message?  Do you see the green lines going up but hear nothing?

I can't guarantee an answer or a solution but the answers to these questions will be useful in narrowing things down.

I did not look. the keyboard issue is always when I start the computer never happens in other time

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor