xDutch_Hunterx

Computer won't Reboot

Question

Hello everyone,

About 10 days ago I decided to buy 1TB of memory because I kept uninstalling my games in order to download others and I had enough. I went online and bought the memory I already owned, but the 1TB version. I opened my computer and put it in, connecting all the cables like the other memory was connected. However, when I put my computer back together and plugged everything in, it wouldn't boot (up). I had done this a couple weeks before, but when I plugged in another cable from the power supply to the wall, it was fixed, so I presumed it was solved, well apparently not. After it didn't boot up I looked over the possible solutions and I have tried it all (I think)

I have tried the following:

- Plugged in into another outlet, to see if that would fix it

- Plugged in different cables (of the same type) from the power supply to the outlet

- Purchased and placed  new power supply into the computer

- Used a screwdriver to boot the pc without the start button

- checked for loose wires which should be plugged in

Nothing so far has worked and I don't know what might be the problem. If anyone knows the solution/has any suggestions, i'd love to hear them.

Kind regards,

xDutch_Hunterx

3 answers to this question

So you replaced the HDD in the computer?  Was there more than 1 HDD in there?  If not, the reason it will not boot is because Windows was installed on it and there isnt any Windows install on the new HDD you installed.

20 minutes ago, Dr_Bob said:

So you replaced the HDD in the computer?  Was there more than 1 HDD in there?  If not, the reason it will not boot is because Windows was installed on it and there isnt any Windows install on the new HDD you installed.

I use SSD, but my power supply and case can hold up to 3, I just connected the new one to the ones the old one was also connected. I haven't installed windows on the new one (if i have to do that) since it hasn't booted up for me to install it.

So you have an SSD that has Windows installed on it and another 1TB drive, which you just installed as a data drive, and it will not boot into Windows correct?

If so, jump into the BIOS and make sure that your SSD is the first boot device.