kemperhills

Files won't open

Question

Ok, I have Linux Mint17.2 Cinnamon on a computer I have been playing with and have learned how to install Opera as the browser and MS programs on Wine.

I installed Microsoft Works 9 on Wine but when I try to open a wps file it won't.  When I click on the file Works starts to open and a program error box opens with the following:

The program WKs.WP.exehas encountered a sever problem and needs to close.

This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine.  You may want to check the Application Database for tips about running this application.

I can open MS Works from the desktop icon but when I try to type anything I get the same message.  So, does this mean that Wine is not going to work with MS Works or there is something I need to correct in Wine for it to work properly.  Thanks.  

2 answers to this question

Just out of curiosity, if you install OpenOffice (LibreOffice I think it is called on the Linux side) does it work normally?  OpenOffice is an open source version of MS Office that is a little different.

On 5/8/2017 at 3:35 PM, Dr_Bob said:

Just out of curiosity, if you install OpenOffice (LibreOffice I think it is called on the Linux side) does it work normally?  OpenOffice is an open source version of MS Office that is a little different.

Sorry for the late reply, been under the weather.  Yes LibreOffice works fine.  Thanks.