zillah

Save web pag can be displayed after while ?

6 posts in this topic

Dear Experts

Sometime I find interesting web paged that I want to save them for future use. What I do Click File --> Save as --> Web Page Complete or HTML Only

After while say 4 months, year when I try to access them offline by using three different browser it says page not found.

Not a good to save a URL only,but better than nothing

Any suggestion what should I do ? Or Alternative solutions ?

Thx

Any browser should always be able to open an HTML file, as long as these are named .html on a folder on your desktop and as long as they are not trying to open some remote site or file directory that no longer exists. Granted, some portions of the page and some scripts may not work.

I think we need a better idea of what you are trying to do--do you want to see the page as it existed previously? If so, we might be able to help you see the page, but hyperlinks would not work, etc while you were offline.

You can always copy the text and save the text in a Word or Notepad document.

Think I'm oversimplifying this but can you not just bookmark the page and go back to it?  If you save a direct link and anything changes in that URL, your saved link will not work or 404 on their page.

Yea, as Dave points out, you can copy the source code and save it for later to open up on its own outside of their server environment.  Not sure what you are really trying to accomplish by saving it though.  Please explain.

I think we need a better idea of what you are trying to do--do you want to see the page as it existed previously? If so, we might be able to help you see the page,

Yes Dave I want to save a page and I want to be able to view offline it after 3 years time.

Not working with many HTML saved long ago more than 6 months means nothing get displayed offline

but hyperlinks would not work, etc while you were offline.

Yes hyperlink might not open no issue

Hi zillah,

I use a Firefox and use a snapshot program called FireShot,  it just takes a picture of the entire web page and then you can view it in any picture viewer.

FireShot

Edited by roadrage
1 person likes this

I use a Firefox and use a snapshot program called FireShot,  it just takes a picture of the entire web page and then you can view it in any picture viewer.

I guess this is really good suggestion, I will give a try

Thx

Edited by zillah