Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Agakhar

Blinking Power vth battery no light without battery

Question

Hi i've got a HP Pav DV4 which was dropped. Now I have blinking power light when connected to ac adaptor with the battery but when I remove the battery still connected to ac adaptor no lights. and on pressing power button the all lights comes on for 2 seconds and go off(this is again with battery) a bit frustrated. I have stripped it down to mobo only still the same. Can Anyone help.!!!!

4 answers to this question

Is it a constantly blinking light or is there a pattern? My initial guess is something cracked on the motherboard. Unless you can get it to produce some type of diagnostic code, we have to assume the worse. If you do not see any physical breaks, it may be a simple solder joint somewhere and maybe a reflow of the board would fix it...but you may be better off replacing the board altogether.

My recommendation would be to take it into the shop or replace it altogether. Sorry. Maybe someone else will have a better solution. Keep checking in. 

@Dave@Bytes appreciate your reply. But there is no pattern its just constant blinking and as mentioned only blinks when battery and power is connected, does  not blink with power only. Light is there definitely rules out bad ac adaptor or loose power pin, I m guessing its the worse,(as u said) but I m still trying. lol.

How far did it fall and was the AC adapter plugged in when it did fall?  It will not power on with just the AC adapter and no battery, correct?