Mike Meyers wrote the book (literally) on A+ certification. A+ Certification is a CompTIA certification that shows prospective employers that you have a solid computer repair knowledge and experience with hardware and software.
This is a a recommended computer book because we feel it gives new (and even experienced) computer users a complete understanding of how a computer works from the time you push the power button.
- Working with CPUs, RAM, motherboards, power supplies, and other PC components
- Learn how to install, partition, and format hard drives
- Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista
- Troubleshoot PCs and implement security policies
- Install video and sound cards
- Work with portable PCs, PDAs, smartphones, and wireless technologies
- Manage printers and connect to networks and the Internet
- Understand safety and environmental issues
- Establish good communication skills
So if you’re looking to learn more about hardware, software, the Windows Operating System and general networking this a a great computer book to start with. New and experienced users are bound to find great value in this book and be able to reference it when doing upgrades and repairs. The CompTIA A+ Certification book is a must have for any tech’s bookshelf.
Read more on the CompTIA A+ Certification book here.