Tips to Fix Computer Stop Errors
Malicious programs, if present on a computer may cause all kinds of errors, such as the 0x80070052 stop error. In case your computer is throwing random errors or behaving erratically, immediately run a malware scan to restore your system’s integrity.
Before you run a malware scan, update your anti-malware tool with the latest security updates and disconnect your PC from the Internet. Next, reboot Windows in Safe Mode. The following steps show you how to boot Windows in Safe Mode:
- Terminate all running programs and restart your computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key while Window reloads.
- Select the Safe Mode option using your arrow keys in the Advanced Windows Boot Option Menu and then press Enter.
Once you have rebooted Windows in Safe Mode, open your anti-malware tool and start complete system scan. Delete or quarantine the reported threats to sanitize your computer.
Further, it is essential that you practice safe computer usage habits to ensure your PC does not get re-infected. Some of the top safe computer habits that you must incorporate are:
- Keep your anti-malware tool updated and schedule regular anti-malware scans.
- Install a robust firewall.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) before you install any new software.
- Scan any e-mail attachment before opening it.
- Scan any external device upon attaching it to your computer.
- Stay away from dubious websites.
- Download new software, programs, and files from the Internet only if you trust the source.
Clean Your Registry to Fix Computer Stop Errors
The registry is a critical component of any Windows operating system. It provides the operating system the necessary information that it requires to complete various tasks. If the information stored in the registry is incorrect or missing, all hell may break loose. To fix computer stop errors occurring due to registry related issues, clean your registry using an advanced registry maintenance software. Remember a clean registry not only improves your system’s performance, but also keeps errors to a minimum. A great free program for this is CCleaner.
Update your files
The use of outdated files is another common cause of application and system errors.
Update Window and inbuilt driver files – Enable the built-in Automatic Update feature to have new Windows updates automatically installed as and when they are released by Microsoft.
Software files – Use the software update tool if available to update software files. Otherwise, manually update them by downloading the latest available updates from the software manufacturer’s website.
Third-party drivers – Use an advanced driver update software to keep your third-party drivers automatically up-to-date.
Fix computer stop errors by narrowing down the possible causes by using the methods above. If you still need to fix computer Stop Errors, be sure to visit our forums for additional help.