Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

circusboy

More on "What Media Player do you use"

I realize that Random 1s "What Media Player do you use" was archived back in 2013. But I would still like to talk about the media player I use

I call this a continuation thread but it's really just a new thread started by me.

First off.  So far I have over 600 songs, and music videos that I downloaded from Youtube, With I tunes, that would have been about $600.00

worth of music. $ 600.00 is a lot of Rent, food, and meds, So, for me I tunes is out of the question.

What I use is a combo of 5K Player, and, WMP.I use 5K Player because I like the way it is set up to download videos from Youtube. Right click on the songs IP address. Click copy,Go over to 5K Player. Click Paste.  When the IP address apears, click the little circle on the, far, right. The song will start downloading.

5K Player drawbacks.  I haven't figured out a way to delete duplicates.

That's where WMP comes in. 5K Player's  Playlist shows up alphabeticaly, in WMP. Where you can change the font, or anything you want., and what's more important. You can delete the duplicates.

But. WMP has a, hopefully temporary, drawbeck too On the first version I had,  instead of just listing the videos it showed album cover, and CD art work. Winamp does, or at least used to do, the same thing.

I upgraded to the version for Windows 10. It doesn't have the artwork. Just the plain booring playlist. of the same song

I'm trying to find the version I had before. It's easier to find a video you want to play, if your player shows artwork, and not just a simple Playlist.

What I like about Youtube is there ae so many uploads, of  the same song, you can listen to them until you find the one that has the best quality.

I like to download versions of songs, just like they sounded on the radio, or music video.Because that is the version I first heard, and the one I first liked. After I get that version I download live versions of the same song. that way I get the best of both worlds.

Please forgive my ramblings, and mispelled words. I'm taking Oxycodone for my back pain, and Tiny Spell stopped working

I've always used VLC Player. It's always done the things I need it to do and it plays just about any format. 

Ditto on VLC, it is between WMP and VLC for everything I listen to / watch.

On 6/7/2016 at 11:12 AM, learninmypc said:

Winamp

I used to have a lot of fun with Winamp. When I was downloading music from Kazaa  especially ; liked the one that looked like a child's drawing of an amp,, and 2 speakers

Not sure how to download videos from Youtube to Winamp, or if it's even possible..

If it is possible to download Videos from Youtube to Winamp, I would use it along with my 5K Player

Maybe a certain style of music in one another in the other

10 hours ago, circusboy said:

I used to have a lot of fun with Winamp. When I was downloading music from Kazaa  especially ; liked the one that looked like a child's drawing of an amp,, and 2 speakers

Not sure how to download videos from Youtube to Winamp, or if it's even possible..

If it is possible to download Videos from Youtube to Winamp, I would use it along with my 5K Player

Maybe a certain style of music in one another in the other

I currently have winamp, VLC MPC & of course wmp. No need to download them to specific players, just right click the folder the tunes are in & in the drop down menu your players should be there,click on it & the tunes will play. Tat s how I do it , good luck :)

I just use Windows Media Player because the only thing I need a media player for is to listen to music MP3s and WMP plays MP3s fine for me.