• Welcome to PCTechBytes

Hello and welcome to PCTechBytes. We have been providing free computer repair help online since 2003. Feel free to browse the forums, but when you're ready to ask a question or comment, please be sure to register. 

iamsnowden

How to Get Rid Of Slow PC

Here are few fixes of slow PC :

Uninstall unused programs:

slow pc

Open the Control Panel, find the list of installed programs, and uninstall programs you don’t use and don’t need from your PC. This can help speed your Slow PC up, as those programs might include background processes, autostart entries, system services, context menu entries, and other things that can slow down your PC. It’ll also save room on your hard drive and improve system security.

If you have recently upgraded to Windows 10. You might have a Windows.old folder on your computer, and it’s wasting a huge amount of space. You can delete it — but not like you’d delete a normal folder.

Clean junks and temporary files frequently

Clean junks and temporary files frequently

CCleaner is an amazing app that will help you find and delete caches and temporary files in many of your applications and speed up your slow PC. 

Remove visual effects and animations

desktop

Windows uses quite a few animations, and those animations can make your PC seem a bit slower. For example, Windows can minimize and maximize windows instantly if you disable the associated animations.

To disable animations,

press Windows Key + X or right-click the Start button

and select “System.”

Click “Advanced System Settings” on the left and click the “Settings” button under Performance.

Choose “Adjust for best performance” under Visual Effects to disable all the animations,

Or select “Custom” and disable the individual animations you don’t want to see.

For example, uncheck “Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing” to disable the minimize and maximize animations.

Use Anti-Virus Software

Windows Defender

Viruses and malware can bog down your computer in a hurry, so its best to prevent them in the first place. If you are using a free trial of antivirus software whose notifications are as annoying as a virus itself, uninstall it and try using Windows Defender. To stay diligent, try scheduling daily quick scans and weekly full scans.

Free Up Disk Space

freeup disk space

If your hard drive is almost completely full, your computer may run noticeably slower. You want to leave your computer some room to work on your hard drive.You don’t need any third-party software — just running the Disk Cleanup tool included in Windows can help quite a bit.

Close System Tray Programs

Close System Tray Programs

Many applications tend to run in the system tray or notification area. These applications often launch at startup and stay running in the background but remain hidden behind the up arrow icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen. Click the up arrow icon near the system tray, right-click any applications you don’t need running in the background, and close them to free up resources.

Reduce the number of apps that launch when you start up your PC.

Startup Programs

Waiting around for your computer to boot up is a pain, so it can help to limit the number of programs and apps that start on launch.

Right-click the taskbar and select “Task Manager” or press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to launch it. Click over to the Startup tab and disable startup applications you don’t need. Windows will helpfully tell you which applications slow down your startup process the most and help you to get rid of your slow PC.

Note: Don’t delete anything you don’t recognize without first searching Google to see if it’s a necessary program.

Lighten Your Web Browser

lighten up your browser

There’s a good chance you use your web browser a lot, so your web browser may just be a bit slow. It’s a good idea to use as few browser extensions, or add-ons, as possible — those slow down your web browser and cause it to use more memory.

Refresh your computer’s search index

Defragment Your Hard Disk

Defragmenting your hard disk actually shouldn’t be necessary on modern versions of Windows. It’ll automatically defragment mechanical hard drives in the background. Solid-state drives don’t really need traditional defragmentation, although modern versions of Windows will “optimize” them — and that’s fine.

You shouldn’t worry about defragmentation most of the time. However, if you do have a mechanical hard drive and you’ve just put a lot of files on the drive — for example, copying a huge database or gigabytes of PC game files — those files might be defragmented because Windows hasn’t gotten around to defragmenting them yet. In this situation, you might want to open the disk defragmenter tool and perform a scan to see if you need to run a manual defrag program.

See what’s running on your computer

task manager

You have a slow PC because something is using up those resources. If it’s suddenly running slower, a runaway process might be using 99% of your CPU resources, for example. Or, an application might be experiencing a memory leak and using a large amount of memory, causing your PC to swap to disk. Alternately, an application might be using the disk a lot, causing other applications to slow down when they need to load data from or save it to the disk.

To find out, open the Task Manager. You can right-click your taskbar and select the “Task Manager” option or press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to open it.

On Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, the new Task Manager provides an upgraded interface that color-codes applications using a lot of resources.

Click the “CPU,” “Memory,” and “Disk” headers to sort the list by the applications using the most resources. If any application is using too many resources, you might want to close it normally — if you can’t, select it here and click “End Task” to force it to close.

Buy RAM

RAM, or random-access memory, is a cheap and easy upgrade that can make a sluggish PC feel brand new again.
You can use this nifty “Memory Finder” tool from Newegg to figure out what kind your computer needs. You can then either install it yourself or have a computer technician slot it into your motherboard. It’s a very easy DIY upgrade, though.

Buy a solid-state drive (SSD)

Upgrading your hard drive is an easy way to see far faster load times. There are two types: the traditional hard drives (HDD) and the newer solid-state drives (SDD).
While traditional hard drives are cheaper and feature moving parts, SSDs are based on flash memory which has no moving parts. They e getting cheaper by the day, and having an SSD means faster start-ups and load times.

Reset Your PC / Reinstall Windows

Reset Your PC / Reinstall Windows

If the other tips here didn’t fix your problem, the one timeless solution to fix Windows problems — aside from rebooting your PC, of course — is getting a fresh Windows installation.

On modern versions of Windows — that is, Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 — it’s easier to get a fresh Windows installation than ever. You don’t have to get Windows installation media and reinstall Windows. Instead, you can simply use the “Reset your PC” feature built into Windows to get a new, fresh Windows system. This is similar to reinstalling Windows and will wipe your installed programs and system settings while keeping your files.

source : Techyuga

Thanks that's very helpful [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In order to get the slow PC running faster, we can try from the software and the hardware concerns:

I would suggest we add more RAMs first.

Secondly, if there is no data needed, we can reformat the HDD and reinstall the OS from the scratch after the new RAM is added.

Hope these help.

Bill

Tech Support Manager

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Our picks

• I'm new to this forum and my technical knowledge is extremely limited!

1) Does anyone know if Microsoft are going to produce a Windows 11? I have found only conflicting information on the Internet.

2) I have found lots of Windows 10 books on the Internet. Any recommendations for a good basic book on Windows 10?

• 5 replies
    •  

We pre-purchased and pre-installed the game Shadow of War on our gaming PC through Steam this week only to discover it would not launch when we clicked Play. I wanted to post our fix here in case anyone else searching the Web for clues to this needs help. 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game (all 100gigs worth). 

Tried rolling back the nVidia graphics driver.

Tried cursing (made me feel better but did not fix the issue). 

Scanned and verified the game from within Steam

Ran sfc /scannow from the command line to make sure Windows was OK.

I ultimately realized the issue was with Visual C++ Redistributable

I had multiple version installed. Some we very old. I removed them all and installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from here and that fixed it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If anyone else had problems and found different solutions, let us know. 
      • 0 replies
  • Popular Contributors

• Similar Content

• By One More Clueless
      Hi,
      I have an old computer which is running very slow. Normally, it works fine but sometimes it become too slow to handle. Whenever I open 9-10 tabs in firefox or runs multiple softwares (average-to-medium-heavy designing applications), it goes unbearably slow. Firefox goes 'not responding', all applications goes 'not responding'. In fact, when I use firefox (with 3-4 tabs open) along with Microsoft Word and leave the computer running idle for 30 minutes and comes back and wake it up, even then both applications (or any other application, if running) goes 'not responding' one-by-one or together. It also happens if I watch any kind of video for more than 5 minutes.

It is Dual-core processor @ 2.7 GHz with only 1 GB of DDR2 800 MHz RAM running on Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Motherboard is Intel 965 Express Chipset Family. Usually, RAM usage goes to 90-95%+ and CPU usage remains at 10-20% and goes at a maximum of 60-70% while opening of a software, etc. Computer never hangs up and complete all the tasks it received, but just very slowly.

Now, I know that a minimum of 2 GB RAM is required on Windows 7, but now as the processor is also old, so I am confused here whether upgrading RAM will have any effect on its speed of handling processes or not. I do not play any games, so heavy duty processor is already not required to me. Still, I would think to change it, if required or suggested here.

Hence, could anyone please help me understand whether to further enhance RAM or just change the whole CPU to speed up my system.

I have tried to mention all the details I know. If there is any more questions, please feel free to ask.

An early advise is highly appreciated.
    • By PCS
      This is a tutorial on how to test the RAM in your computer ( laptop or desktop, including apple Macintosh laptops and desktops ).  The only requirement to follow this tutorial if the machine is an Apple, is that it will boot from the UBCD.

Testing your RAM sufficiently enough, to continue diagnosis is very easy.  I will not include images of the actual Memtest application as there is nothing to select once it has loaded and it begins automatically.  

If you are viewing this tutorial after a poster suggested you test your RAM and you have already tested your HDD, than you already have the UBCD on USB or disc and there is no need to download or burn/create any new media, skip the following two paragraphs and just being testing.

Prior to viewing this tutorial you should view this one and download and burn the UBCD ( which is where you'll find the Memtest 86+ application ).  http://www.pctechbyt...ltimate-Boot-CD

Memtest 86+ can also be downloaded and burnt to a bootable USB or CD/DVD that only contains the Memtest application.  This method will boot from the media it was installed to and start testing the RAM without having to select anything or do anything but look at the results.  This method is most useful for Techs or anyone who will likely test RAM many many times and does not have the need or will not have the need to test the HDD or make use of any other application contained on the UBCD.  I recommend you use the UBCD method as you can then test your HDD or make use of the other applications on it.  

Once you've booted from the UBCD you'll need to use the arrow keys to move the cursor in order to highlight choices and the enter/return key to select the highlighted choice.  The first screen you'll see once the UBCD boots.

FIG 1

highlight 'Memory' directly below the highlighted choice in fig 1 and hit enter/return.  Then highlight 'Diagnosis' and hit enter/return.

Next highlight Memtest 86+ and hit enter/return.  Depending on the version of the UBCD you have you will see a version or may see a version # following the 86+.  That is normal and the version is not important as long as you downloaded and burnt the UBCD after 2012.  

Once Memtest loads it will automatically start testing all of the RAM modules that is reported to the application as present.  You can scan the screen a bit and you will find a brief description of each RAM module installed in the motherboard and it's size.  It is not required that you check to make sure what is reported in the application matches what you know to be physically present.  However if you suspect there is a physical RAM slot or motherboard problem you may want to verify that what is physically present in the machine is the same as reported in the application.

The test has begun and you can see characters changing on the screen in the upper left.  The most important value to you is the value in the PASSED column.  The reason is that you want to achieve at least 3 full passes without error, so you don't want to stop the test until you see at least a 3 in that column.  If you are having trouble finding it, it is located roughly in the middle of the screen vertically speaking and roughly 60% of the way horizontally to the right hand side if 0% is the left hand side of the screen.

I often recommend that the RAM test be started just before you go to bed for the night then check the screen in the morning when you wake up.  The test is uneventful and as already covered there isn't any information the average tester needs, and there is no reason to sit in front of the test while it runs and wait.  The more RAM it is testing the longer 3 passes will take, it's that simple.  I would say the average test time to complete 3 passes is about 1-2 hours, based on 4-8GB of RAM present in many machines today.  10/2014.

So you are either waiting and watching or periodically checking the passed column for the number 3 or higher, or it is the morning and the test has been running for at least 5 hours or so.  What are you looking for?  Just the number 3 or greater in the passed column and that there is no red text ( red text in the middle lower portion of the screen signifies and error ), if you see red text than you know right away you have a faulty RAM module and that at least one RAM stick will need to be replaced.  Okay so now you have errors and you go to swap a stick of RAM and realize that there is more than one and you don't know which one is faulty.  If you read the errors you may be able to determine that they all came from the same stick in slot X.  If there are only a few errors this method may work for you but, I have never seen a faulty stick report only a few errors, there are always so many that there is no way to fit them all on the screen.  So in the instance you have more than one RAM module and can't identify which is faulty you will have to pull one, or three in some case and restart the test, so that you are testing one stick at a time.  Don't feel like you've wasted tons of time you have not at all... another test or testing a stick twice ( once in conjunction with the other stick present ), now all by itself is confirmation of the stick being good or bad and when testing a single stick at a time, the test is often very quick.  So one at a time you can now determine which one or ones are faulty and can replace them.

Alright that's it, any questions?   
    • By daeron
      Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.5 Scan saved at 5:56:07 PM, on 10/12/2013 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702) CHROME: 30.0.1599.69 FIREFOX: 16.0.2 (en-US) Boot mode: Normal   Running processes: C:WINDOWSSystem32smss.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32winlogon.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32services.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32lsass.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32svchost.exe c:Program FilesMicrosoft Security ClientMsMpEng.exe C:WINDOWSSystem32svchost.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32svchost.exe C:WINDOWSSystem32WLTRYSVC.EXE C:WINDOWSSystem32bcmwltry.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32spoolsv.exe C:Program FilesAd-Aware AntivirusAdAwareService.exe C:Program FilesApplication    UpdaterApplicationUpdater.exe C:Program FilesJavajre7binjqs.exe C:Program FilesMalwarebytes'    Anti-Malwarembamscheduler.exe C:Program FilesMalwarebytes'    Anti-Malwarembamservice.exe C:WINDOWSSystem32svchost.exe C:Program FilesNorton Internet    SecurityEngine17.6.0.32ccSvcHst.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32nvsvc32.exe C:WINDOWSSystem32svchost.exe C:Program FilesAd-Aware AntivirusSBAMSvc.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32svchost.exe C:Program FilesWestern DigitalWD SmartWareWD Drive    ManagerWDDMService.exe C:Program FilesWestern DigitalWD SmartWareFront    ParlorWDFMEWDFME.exe C:WINDOWSExplorer.EXE C:Program FilesMalwarebytes' Anti-Malwarembamgui.exe C:Program FilesWestern DigitalWD SmartWareFront    ParlorWDSC.exe C:Program FilesNorton Internet    SecurityEngine17.6.0.32ccSvcHst.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32rundll32.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32WLTRAY.exe C:WINDOWSstsystra.exe C:Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPEnh.exe C:Program FilesCommon    FilesInstallShieldUpdateServiceissch.exe C:Program FilesDellMediaDirectPCMService.exe C:Program FilesMicrosoft    OfficeOffice12GrooveMonitor.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32LVCOMSX.EXE C:Program FilesDellQuickSetQuickset.exe C:Program FilesMicrosoft Security Clientmsseces.exe C:Program FilesCommon FilesSpigotSearch    SettingsSearchSettings.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32ctfmon.exe C:Program FilesWestern DigitalWD SmartWareWD Drive    ManagerWDDMStatus.exe C:WINDOWSsystem32wscntfy.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe c:Program FilesMicrosoft Security ClientMpCmdRun.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronMy    DocumentsDownloadsHijackThis.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe C:Documents and SettingsDaeronLocal    SettingsApplication    DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe   R1 - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet    ExplorerMain,Default_Page_URL =    www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel   =us&ibd=4070508 R0 - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Start    Page =    http://search.yahoo.com?type=994519&fr=spigot-yhp-ie R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet    ExplorerMain,Default_Page_URL =    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157 R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet    ExplorerMain,Default_Search_URL =    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896 R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet    ExplorerMain,Search Page =    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896 R0 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Start    Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157 R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet    ExplorerSearch,Default_Page_URL =    www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel   =us&ibd=4070508 R1 - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet Connection    Wizard,ShellNext = http://skins.be/ R3 - URLSearchHook: Vuze Remote Toolbar -    {05478A66-EDB6-4A22-A870-A5987F80A7DA} - C:Program    FilesVuze Remote ToolbarIE7.6vuzeToolbarIE.dll O2 - BHO: Vuze Remote Toolbar -    {05478A66-EDB6-4A22-A870-A5987F80A7DA} - C:Program    FilesVuze Remote ToolbarIE7.6vuzeToolbarIE.dll O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper -    {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:Program    FilesAdobeAcrobat 7.0ActiveXAcroIEHelper.dll (file    missing) O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection -    {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:Program    FilesSpybot - Search & DestroySDHelper.dll O2 - BHO: (no name) -    {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file) O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess -    {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} -    C:WINDOWSsystem32dlatfswshx.dll O2 - BHO: Symantec NCO BHO -    {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:Program    FilesNorton Internet    SecurityEngine17.6.0.32coIEPlg.dll O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention -    {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:Program    FilesNorton Internet    SecurityEngine17.6.0.32IPSBHO.DLL O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper -    {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:Program    FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12GrooveShellExtensions.dll O2 - BHO: Java Plug-In SSV Helper -    {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:Program    FilesJavajre7binssv.dll O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper -    {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:Program    FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWindows    LiveWindowsLiveLogin.dll O2 - BHO: Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper -    {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:Program    FilesJavajre7binjp2ssv.dll O3 - Toolbar: Norton Toolbar -    {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:Program    FilesNorton Internet    SecurityEngine17.6.0.32coIEPlg.dll O3 - Toolbar: Vuze Remote Toolbar -    {05478A66-EDB6-4A22-A870-A5987F80A7DA} - C:Program    FilesVuze Remote ToolbarIE7.6vuzeToolbarIE.dll O4 - HKLM..Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE    C:WINDOWSsystem32NvCpl.dll,NvStartup O4 - HKLM..Run: [NVHotkey] rundll32.exe    nvHotkey.dll,Start O4 - HKLM..Run: [broadcom Wireless Manager UI]    C:WINDOWSsystem32WLTRAY.exe O4 - HKLM..Run: [sigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe O4 - HKLM..Run: [synTPEnh] C:Program    FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPEnh.exe O4 - HKLM..Run: [iSUSPM Startup]    C:PROGRA~1COMMON~1INSTAL~1UPDATE~1ISUSPM.exe    -startup O4 - HKLM..Run: [iSUSScheduler] "C:Program    FilesCommon FilesInstallShieldUpdateServiceissch.exe"    -start O4 - HKLM..Run: [PCMService] "C:Program    FilesDellMediaDirectPCMService.exe" O4 - HKLM..Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:Program    FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12GrooveMonitor.exe" O4 - HKLM..Run: [LVCOMSX]    C:WINDOWSsystem32LVCOMSX.EXE O4 - HKLM..Run: [Windows Defender] "C:Program    FilesWindows DefenderMSASCui.exe" -hide O4 - HKLM..Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:Program    FilesDellQuickSetQuickset.exe O4 - HKLM..Run: [MSC] "c:Program FilesMicrosoft    Security Clientmsseces.exe" -hide -runkey O4 - HKLM..Run: [searchSettings] "C:Program    FilesCommon FilesSpigotSearch    SettingsSearchSettings.exe" O4 - HKCU..Run: [ctfmon.exe]    C:WINDOWSsystem32ctfmon.exe O4 - HKCU..Run: [Google Update] "C:Documents and    SettingsDaeronLocal SettingsApplication    DataGoogleUpdateGoogleUpdate.exe" /c O4 - HKUSS-1-5-18..Run: [CTFMON.EXE]    C:WINDOWSsystem32CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM') O4 - HKUSS-1-5-18..Run: [DWQueuedReporting]    "C:PROGRA~1COMMON~1MICROS~1DWdwtrig20.exe" -t (User    'SYSTEM') O4 - HKUS.DEFAULT..Run: [CTFMON.EXE]    C:WINDOWSsystem32CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user') O4 - Global Startup: WDDMStatus.lnk = C:Program    FilesWestern DigitalWD SmartWareWD Drive    ManagerWDDMStatus.exe O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:Program    FilesDAPPrivacy Packagedapcleanerie.htm O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP -    C:Program FilesDAPdapextie.htm O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP -    C:Program FilesDAPdapextie2.htm O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote -    {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} -    C:PROGRA~1MI1933~1Office12ONBttnIE.dll O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote -    {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} -    C:PROGRA~1MI1933~1Office12ONBttnIE.dll O9 - Extra button: Research -    {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} -    C:PROGRA~1MI1933~1Office12REFIEBAR.DLL O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU -    {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:Documents and    SettingsDaeronStart MenuProgramsIMVURun    IMVU.lnk (file missing) O9 - Extra button: (no name) -    {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:Program    FilesSpybot - Search & DestroySDHelper.dll O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search && Destroy    Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} -    C:Program FilesSpybot - Search & DestroySDHelper.dll O9 - Extra button: (no name) -    {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} -    C:WINDOWSNetwork Diagnosticxpnetdiag.exe O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 -    {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} -    C:WINDOWSNetwork Diagnosticxpnetdiag.exe O9 - Extra button: Messenger -    {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:Program    FilesMessengermsmsgs.exe O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger -    {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:Program    FilesMessengermsmsgs.exe O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED}    (Support.com Configuration Class) -    https://activatemydsl.verizon.net/sdcCommon/download/DSL/   Verizon%20High%20Speed%20Internet%20Installer.cab O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C}    (WUWebControl Class) -    http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls   /en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1237792997375 O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3}    (MUWebControl Class) -    http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls   /en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1237792987250 O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS -    {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:Program    FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12GrooveSystemServices.dll O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader -    {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} -    C:WINDOWSsystem32browseui.dll O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache    daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} -    C:WINDOWSsystem32browseui.dll O23 - Service: Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft Limited -    C:Program FilesAd-Aware AntivirusAdAwareService.exe O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems -    C:Program FilesCommon FilesAdobe Systems    SharedServiceAdobelmsvc.exe O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service    (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated    -    C:WINDOWSsystem32MacromedFlashFlashPlayerUpdateServi   ce.exe O23 - Service: Application Updater - Spigot, Inc. -    C:Program FilesApplication    UpdaterApplicationUpdater.exe O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter    (JavaQuickStarterService) - Oracle Corporation -    C:Program FilesJavajre7binjqs.exe O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) -    Logitech, Inc. - C:Program FilesCommon    FilesLogishrdBluetoothLBTServ.exe O23 - Service: MBAMScheduler - Malwarebytes Corporation -    C:Program FilesMalwarebytes'    Anti-Malwarembamscheduler.exe O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation -    C:Program FilesMalwarebytes'    Anti-Malwarembamservice.exe O23 - Service: Mozilla Maintenance Service    (MozillaMaintenance) - Mozilla Foundation - C:Program    FilesMozilla Maintenance Servicemaintenanceservice.exe O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security (NIS) - Symantec    Corporation - C:Program FilesNorton Internet    SecurityEngine17.6.0.32ccSvcHst.exe O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) -    NVIDIA Corporation - C:WINDOWSsystem32nvsvc32.exe O23 - Service: Ad-Aware (SBAMSvc) - GFI Software -    C:Program FilesAd-Aware AntivirusSBAMSvc.exe O23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service    (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software GmbH -    C:WINDOWSSystem32TuneUpDefragService.exe O23 - Service: WDDMService - WDC - C:Program    FilesWestern DigitalWD SmartWareWD Drive    ManagerWDDMService.exe O23 - Service: WD File Management Engine (WDFME) -    Unknown owner - C:Program FilesWestern DigitalWD    SmartWareFront ParlorWDFMEWDFME.exe O23 - Service: WD File Management Shadow Engine (WDSC) -    Unknown owner - C:Program FilesWestern DigitalWD    SmartWareFront ParlorWDSC.exe O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc)    - Unknown owner - C:WINDOWSSystem32WLTRYSVC.EXE O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) -    http://www.yahoo.com/   -- End of file - 14150 bytes