• Welcome to PCTechBytes

Hello and welcome to PCTechBytes. We have been providing free computer repair help online since 2003. Feel free to browse the forums, but when you're ready to ask a question or comment, please be sure to register. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave@Bytes

Console Gaming Future

I was thinking about this the other day as I was playing Witcher 3 on my PC. I had already purchased the game on the XBox One and decided to buy it again for my main gaming platform--the PC--because I wanted the performance and graphics boost. Is console gaming dying? It seems like the XBox is becoming more and more like a PC with the Windows 10-like dashboard and even the Playstation recently put out the Playstation Pro that gives the user a more PC-like experience.

Just curious what everyone else is gaming on these days (please don't say the iPad). Is Nintendo truly the last of the real console platforms?

NES Classic at the moment, lol.  I do see what you are saying though about the top two consoles becoming more computer-like.

• Our picks

• I'm new to this forum and my technical knowledge is extremely limited!

1) Does anyone know if Microsoft are going to produce a Windows 11? I have found only conflicting information on the Internet.

2) I have found lots of Windows 10 books on the Internet. Any recommendations for a good basic book on Windows 10?

• 5 replies
    •  

We pre-purchased and pre-installed the game Shadow of War on our gaming PC through Steam this week only to discover it would not launch when we clicked Play. I wanted to post our fix here in case anyone else searching the Web for clues to this needs help. 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game (all 100gigs worth). 

Tried rolling back the nVidia graphics driver.

Tried cursing (made me feel better but did not fix the issue). 

Scanned and verified the game from within Steam

Ran sfc /scannow from the command line to make sure Windows was OK.

I ultimately realized the issue was with Visual C++ Redistributable

I had multiple version installed. Some we very old. I removed them all and installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from here and that fixed it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If anyone else had problems and found different solutions, let us know. 
      • 0 replies
  • Popular Contributors