• Welcome to PCTechBytes

Hello and welcome to PCTechBytes. We have been providing free computer repair help online since 2003. Feel free to browse the forums, but when you're ready to ask a question or comment, please be sure to register. 

TemaSolovei

Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG turned off and doesn't boot

Question

Good afternoon! I really hope that you will help me with my problem.
My Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG yesterday suddenly turned off during operation, the case was slightly warm. The laptop was connected to the network and I noticed that it turned off when the battery was 100% charged. At the same time, all the power indicators were gently extinguished. After some time in the bag, the laptop was very hot - most likely it still worked. Now the laptop does not react to anything, it does not work, the power indicators do not turn on.
Any idea what to do about it? Thank you!

2 answers to this question

Sounds like it may have still been on when you put it in the laptop bag.  This may have caused it to overheat and possibly damage some components within the laptop.  Best I can tell you to do at this point would be to remove the battery, hold down the power button for one minute, and let the laptop sit for a day without the AC adapter or the battery connected.  Try the following day with just the AC adapter connected and see if it tries to power on.

You may try power drain procedure:

• 1. Remove the ram sticks (Clean with a soft lint free cloth while they are out)
  • 2. Remove the power cord and battery
  • 3. Hold the power button for 58 seconds
  • 4. Replace everything.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Our picks

• I'm new to this forum and my technical knowledge is extremely limited!

1) Does anyone know if Microsoft are going to produce a Windows 11? I have found only conflicting information on the Internet.

2) I have found lots of Windows 10 books on the Internet. Any recommendations for a good basic book on Windows 10?

• 5 replies
    •  

We pre-purchased and pre-installed the game Shadow of War on our gaming PC through Steam this week only to discover it would not launch when we clicked Play. I wanted to post our fix here in case anyone else searching the Web for clues to this needs help. 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game (all 100gigs worth). 

Tried rolling back the nVidia graphics driver.

Tried cursing (made me feel better but did not fix the issue). 

Scanned and verified the game from within Steam

Ran sfc /scannow from the command line to make sure Windows was OK.

I ultimately realized the issue was with Visual C++ Redistributable

I had multiple version installed. Some we very old. I removed them all and installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from here and that fixed it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If anyone else had problems and found different solutions, let us know. 
      • 0 replies
  • Popular Contributors

• Similar Content

• By jojovoid
      I have had this laptop for almost 2 years and no problems. Charges fine but yesterday is just stopped working! I plugged it into the charger port and it wont turn on. Charged fine before yesterday. If it helps, its a hp stream 14 and I use a third party charger aswell as the stock charger that comes with it. I am aware of the trick of removing the battery and turning on the laptop, but you have to unscrew the bottom of the laptop to get access to that battery, but would the fix still work?
    • By Belmont Phones
      Hello everyone,
      Can anyone tell me about battery's life of cell phone?
    • By Lordsble
      Ok so this happen yesterday,
      I was using AVG to clean out my PC to play games with a higher fps. I selected Hard Drive scan to check for any errors. It restarted my PC and started the scan. It sat for 11% for literally 5 hours, so I decided to turn it off and continue my PC tune up. I also stopped the superfetch service. (as I heard it makes for better performance) Now here's when things get bad, I was reading a tutorial on faster gaming experience, and it suggested the tool, GPU Tweak. Not knowing much about it at all I downloaded it and ran it and it asked to restart my computer. I did, and it never booted back up again. I turn on the power and after about 5 seconds the screen shows a slightly lighter shade of black for about 5 seconds, then goes back to black an sometimes even turning off. Even with the HDD and RAM removed same result. I know this is probably my fault, but is there any to fix this and keep my data?
      Intel i5 is what I have.
    • By grayxmars
      To preface, this is going to make me sound like a total noob but bear with me here. 
      I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10, and I've had it since 2014. I don't know the official name of it or anything as it was given to me by a family member with little to no information.
      It's been fine up until today. It charged through the night, I unplugged it when I left for school, etc etc. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the battery light was flashing orange and green (it's happened before but I brushed it off because a turn on-turn off worked to fix it). I turned it on, and a black screen came up with “Scanning and repairing drive (C:)”, that eventually finished and it started up like normal. The battery light still was flashing orange and green. I was just kinda like “Eh whatever I have a paper to write I'll deal with it later." 
      Later came and I noticed that the actual battery icon (on the taskbar) wasn't depleting. It stayed at 96% for about 3 or so hours. I went and looked in the settings and it was still the same. So I turned it off (through the start menu) and now it's off completely, but the battery light is now green with it not being plugged in. 
      I asked a tech buddy of mine about it and he said it's a drive problem and that my laptop is ready to be taken out to pasture. I'm trying to avoid that at all costs because it's how I do pretty much all of my school things and I don't make enough money to buy a new one right now (also would not want to lose all my files).
      I don't know if any of this made sense; but I hope so. I apologise for any errors as I'm writing this on my phone. Any help is appreciated though!