• Welcome to PCTechBytes

Hello and welcome to PCTechBytes. We have been providing free computer repair help online since 2003. Feel free to browse the forums, but when you're ready to ask a question or comment, please be sure to register. 

Sign in to follow this  
Christ

auto print the attachment in meeting requests in outtlook

Hi,

My manager always send me meeting requests with quite a few materials in the attachments. And I need to print them to prepare. So I need to save them then print one by one. I'm thinking if outlook can be setted to auto print the attachment in incoming meeting requests  for me . If it can, it will be so great. Any ideas?

This will enable you to print the main email and it will force it to print the attachments as well: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Print-attachments-received-in-email-messages-30fb682d-d311-4a17-ba5e-8409ca6f776e

This may work better but will involve some scripting: http://portal.infiniwiz.com/knowledgebase/37/Setup-Outlook-to-print-attachments-of-incoming-emails-automatically.html

Posted (edited)

hello,Christ

You can write VBA code to do that for you. Here is a macro which may be  close to what you want.

Public WithEvents objItems As Outlook.Items

Private Sub Application_Startup()
    Set objItems = Outlook.Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Items
End Sub

Private Sub objItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object)
    Dim objTaskRequest As Outlook.TaskRequestItem
    Dim objTask As Outlook.TaskItem
    Dim objAttachments As Outlook.attachments
    Dim objAttachment As Outlook.Attachment
    Dim strMsg As String
    Dim nResponse As Integer
    Dim objFileSystem As Object
    Dim strTempFolder As String
    Dim objShell As Object
    Dim objTempFolder As Object
    Dim objTempFolderItem As Object
    Dim strFilePath As String

On Error Resume Next
    If TypeOf Item Is TaskRequestItem Then
       Set objTaskRequest = Item
       Set objTask = objTaskRequest.GetAssociatedTask(True)
       Set objAttachments = objTask.attachments
    End If

If objAttachments.Count > 0 Then
       strMsg = "Do you want to print the attachments in the new task request?"
       nResponse = MsgBox(strMsg, vbExclamation + vbYesNo, "New Task Request")
       If nResponse = vbYes Then
          Set objFileSystem = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
          strTempFolder = objFileSystem.GetSpecialFolder(2).Path & "\TEMP" & Format(Now, "hh-ss-dd-mm-yyyy")
          'Create a new temp folder
          MkDir (strTempFolder)

For Each objAttachment In objAttachments
              'Save all the attachments to the newly created folder
              strFilePath = strTempFolder & "\" & objAttachment.FileName
              objAttachment.SaveAsFile (strFilePath)

'Print all the items in the newly create folder
              Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
              Set objTempFolder = objShell.NameSpace(0)
              Set objTempFolderItem = objTempFolder.ParseName(strFilePath)
              objTempFolderItem.InvokeVerbEx ("print")
          Next objAttachment
       End If
    End If
End Sub

Using this macro, every time any new task request arrive in your inbox, you will get a message asking if to print the task attachments. 

You can see more details here

https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/auto-print-attachments-incoming-task-requests-via-outlook-vba/

Good luck

Edited by Yaeshaw

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• I'm new to this forum and my technical knowledge is extremely limited!

1) Does anyone know if Microsoft are going to produce a Windows 11? I have found only conflicting information on the Internet.

2) I have found lots of Windows 10 books on the Internet. Any recommendations for a good basic book on Windows 10?

• 5 replies
    •  

We pre-purchased and pre-installed the game Shadow of War on our gaming PC through Steam this week only to discover it would not launch when we clicked Play. I wanted to post our fix here in case anyone else searching the Web for clues to this needs help. 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game (all 100gigs worth). 

Tried rolling back the nVidia graphics driver.

Tried cursing (made me feel better but did not fix the issue). 

Scanned and verified the game from within Steam

Ran sfc /scannow from the command line to make sure Windows was OK.

I ultimately realized the issue was with Visual C++ Redistributable

I had multiple version installed. Some we very old. I removed them all and installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from here and that fixed it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If anyone else had problems and found different solutions, let us know. 
      • 0 replies
  • Popular Contributors

• Similar Content

• By saif7
      when i restart may PC Hp Windows 7 i found myself with black screen write below (file: Boot/BCD) (Status : 0xc000000f)https://www.google.com/search?q=bcd+0xc000000f&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=678&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiOrNqix7LQAhVJsxQKHaLTCGEQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=-9EYTfFTnEePiM%3A
      and i don't know what to do now i am asking for a solution
      can anyone help me
    • By MagnumJoe
      Hello guys.
      I really got fed up from this problem and i can't seem to find a solution on the internet. Or in other words, i tried everything i've found to no avail.
      I will try to summarize the sequence of events as much as possible.
      1. I got this BSOD randomly yesterday.
      2. I restart, my motherboard doesn't detect my system hard disk.
      3. I get the Windows 7 SP1 disk in to try to repair.
      4. Win7 gets detected, i choose startup repair, and it gets repaired.
      5. I reboot normally, but 5 minutes into startup while resuming my work, i get the BSOD again, MB and Win7 disk can't detect it.
      6. I thought it's something in the HDD, so i removed it and got it connected to my laptop: it gets detected; i error check it and it's perfectly fine.
      7. I read on the internet that it might be a problem from the MB, hard drives and/or drivers and did the following, with no use:
        a. Remove and put back the CMOS battery.
        b. Flashing the BIOS with a new one.
        c. Disconnecting and reconnecting SATA cables, RAM chips and the video card.
        d. Removing any newly installed drivers; the most recent one was 3 days ago for a UPS power bank.
      PS: At each reboot, the BSOD comes after the computer freezes gradually (first program windows "not responding", then taskbar, then desktop items, then mouse) after roughly 5-10 minutes i am on the desktop. And another thing: i have to leave the PC alone for a while, or else the HDD won't be detected on the next reboot.
      8. I read that if i can't define a reason, i have to get the minidump file so people would diagnose. So i did the following to ensure Win7 created one:
        a. Make the pagfile.sys larger than the installed RAM
        b. Choose the minidump option on the config of the sysdm.cpl advanced options.
        c. Makes sure that i tick the "manage size by OS" box.
        d. Makes sure the virtual memory is only on the OS partition.
      9. The BSOD itself freezes and apparently doesn't generate a minidump file as you can see on the screenshot. It stays like that forever. And I can't find any in the C:\Windows\Minidump\.
      10. There isn't much time to generate a system image for a restore.
      11. I Don't know if the problem is in the HDD or in the MB? Or a conflict between drivers of hard drives? No idea...
      Then i got totally frustrated. I really do need help with this.
      Thank you guys in advance, really.

My configuration:
      -Gigabyte Z87-HD3 MB, BIOS F8
      -Intel Core i5-4440
      -HyperX Kingston 16GB (8 + 2x4)
      -Gigabyte GeForce GTX780 OC
      -3 HDD: Maxtor 160GB, WD 320GB, Seagate 500GB (system HDD)
      -Windows 7 SP1

• By cpgoose
      Hi folks,
      Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  I bought a used HP Pavilion laptop (model dv7t-3300).  It runs Windows 7 and boots up and runs just fine.  It has a lot of crap installed on it, though, so I wanted to wipe it clean and reinstall Windows.  It has one of those partitions on the hard drive that you're supposed to be able to reinstall Windows from.  So, I start the computer up, hit the ESC key as it says if I want to enter Repair mode.  Then I choose to reinstall Windows.  The computer seems to continue booting and then just brings me to a splash screen and stops there.  It's not the desktop, it just has a background with a mouse cursor that moves.  It doesn't respond to Ctrl-Alt-Del or anything else and I have to do a hard shut down.  So this method doesn't seem to be working.
      I also tried going to the Start menu and selecting the Restore (or a similar named) option.  It asks me what I want to do (create a backup, repair the OS install, etc).  I choose to Reinstall, and it reboots the computer and brings me to that same background with the mouse cursor.  Ugh.
      I don't have the Win7 DVD because it was already installed on the computer.  I went to the Microsoft website where you can enter your product key for Win7 and then possibly download the ISO to let you reinstall the OS.  When I enter the key it tells me this is for an OS that came preinstalled on the computer, and to contact the manufacturer.  Ugh again!
      Any thoughts on what else to try?
      Thanks!
      JP