• Welcome to PCTechBytes

Hello and welcome to PCTechBytes. We have been providing free computer repair help online since 2003. Feel free to browse the forums, but when you're ready to ask a question or comment, please be sure to register. 

Sign in to follow this  
harmted

This file is not in a recognizable format.

Question

Recently I've noticed that when I open most documents in PowerPoint, I receive the following error: 

This file is not in a recognizable format.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix PowerPoint files?

5 answers to this question

Go into Programs and Features in your control panel, find Office (if you are running office and not just PowerPoint) and then click to highlight Office. You will see an option to uninstall or repair at the top of the window. Select "Repair." and see if that helps.

If you get this error 'This file is not in a recognizable format.' then there are higher possibilities that your PPT file may have been corrupted.

MS Powerpoint will try to fix it in the case of minor corruptions and it can't fix major damage. So, all you need to do is to install a software called Remo Repair PPT which can repair PPT, PPTX and PPS files of all sizes.

Let me know in this forum whether it helped you or not!

I share a link which give possible solutions, I hope it serves you: <removed another miracle Powerpoint repair program>

We will not allow people to join the forums only to post a solution to a paid programs. Period. Links will be removed and banning will occur. If this was a legitimate attempt to help, I am sorry. Too much of this has been happening lately and we will continue to enforce our rules to promote a safe and SPAM-free environment for our members. 

Feel free to post solutions here on the boards. That's what we are here for. If anyone has any questions, please reach out to me directly.