• Welcome to PCTechBytes

Hello and welcome to PCTechBytes. We have been providing free computer repair help online since 2003. Feel free to browse the forums, but when you're ready to ask a question or comment, please be sure to register. 

RealDitchDigger

University student needs help with Ryzen7 survey

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Our picks

• I'm new to this forum and my technical knowledge is extremely limited!

1) Does anyone know if Microsoft are going to produce a Windows 11? I have found only conflicting information on the Internet.

2) I have found lots of Windows 10 books on the Internet. Any recommendations for a good basic book on Windows 10?

• 5 replies
    •  

We pre-purchased and pre-installed the game Shadow of War on our gaming PC through Steam this week only to discover it would not launch when we clicked Play. I wanted to post our fix here in case anyone else searching the Web for clues to this needs help. 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game (all 100gigs worth). 

Tried rolling back the nVidia graphics driver.

Tried cursing (made me feel better but did not fix the issue). 

Scanned and verified the game from within Steam

Ran sfc /scannow from the command line to make sure Windows was OK.

I ultimately realized the issue was with Visual C++ Redistributable

I had multiple version installed. Some we very old. I removed them all and installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from here and that fixed it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If anyone else had problems and found different solutions, let us know. 
      • 0 replies
  • Popular Contributors

• Similar Content

• By gadwag
      There are red, black and brown wires leading from my motherboard to my power switch pcb. Shorting the red and brown ones together turns the laptop on (but not off, which is odd). I shorted the red and black ones together while the laptop was on and now it does nothing when I press the power switch/short red and brown together. No power LED, no fan movement, nothing. What component have I killed?

Plugging into charge turns on the charging LED, but that is the only thing the laptop responds to. The laptop is a samsung qx-310, by the way.
    • By lenovo121
      I have a Intel i3 processor CPU but my CPU will not working properly.When i connected to the monitor only window logo shown then suddenly message will pop up that system not respond.What can i do ?
    • By Toker Ace
      Whenever I try to install any OS on this HP Pavilion dm4-3170se laptop it says that a required drive partition is missing and the internal hard drive does not show up as a place to install  the OS. When I use gparted on a live Linux distro my hardrive shows up however with 500gb of space. But I can't install anything on it and windows nor ubuntu will  install on the hardrive. Please help I am really fed up with this thing. I've been at it for over a month now. I have more pictures and can answer more info if needed. I consider myself decently computer savi and have more than a few computer programming and engineer classes under my belt from college. 

• By ZASchwarz
      Ok so I just built a new computer my motherboard is a Asrock killer z270 sli/ac with an I7 7700k and my memory is G.skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4-3000 with a Samsung 850 ssd evo. but im doing a fresh install of windows and it keeps installing completely broken. my background fritzing out explorere.exe crashing almost every other click i have tried 3 different windows installs even one where I modified and added all current updates. but no luck I can't get this computer to run correctly I have gone through 2 mother boards and 2 sets of ram and I am getting the same issue. i also currently have 2 gtx980 tis installed maybe that might be an issue I don't know or maybe some bios setting I am missing everything is currently default on this motherboard. I have also run checkdsk and it is indeed saying that windows is broken and it can not repair every time. also occasionally during startup I will get page fault in non paged area blue screen or bad pool caller. 

any and all help is appreciated.
    • By Teltondor
      Hey all, I have a Dell Inspiron 5447 touchscreen with a flickering screen issue, in which the display will go black for milliseconds and then blink back on. The issue seems to be definitely hardware as moving the screen makes it occur intermittently, as well as the fact that it doesn't occur on a secondary monitor. I've been told by an IT professional that it is probably the video cable or maybe something wrong with the display assembly. However, when the screen flickers the touch-pad sometimes pops up a message saying it's been disabled and then re-enabled in quick succession. Occasionally, it never re-enables and a reboot is required. Further, sometimes when the screen flickers really badly for a few seconds, the back light in the keyboard also blinks off and on quickly. (All three are definitely related as they happen together) If this really is just a video cable issue, then why are those other two things happening as well? Thanks for any input! I'm just attempting to determine if it is indeed worth it to get the display assembly replaced, as I don't want the problem to continue after I get it fixed. 
      Background: I have some limited computer knowledge. This computer has been treated well, and in general I really love it. I was quoted about 200 to get the display assembly replaced, parts and labor. I would go for it, except for the back-lit keyboard flickering and the touch-pad thing, which makes me fear it's something that isn't going to be fixed by replacing the screen and cable. I've replaced the original 1 TB HDD with a 512 gb SSD, but other than that, the computer is original fatcory specs, Intel i5 (5th gen?), 8 gb ram, touchscreen.