Sign in to follow this  

My IMac lately has been having problems, when I boot it up the screen does the normal white flash all Macs do, but then the rest of it is just a black screen non-lit. And that's the farthest it'll go. I can't access CMD or boot in safe-mode. The only problem I can think of is a corrupted harddrive but I can't access the inside of it currently. (Need Suction Cups) my temps are bad so I wouldn't be surprised if I have anything fried, my CPU has been at 87 and 93 temps before, and yes I do game with a Mac it was a gift when I was 13 back in 2011. I'd like to know if anyone else knows the problem before I spend more money on a dead machine.

IMac All-in-one. Hardware if needed*

Intel i52500s

AND Raddeon 6770S HD

8gb of ram

Harddrive I have no clue.

1 answer to this question

Yea the first thing you should have done was take it apart when it was getting hot and fix that issue with new thermal paste and a cleaning.  It is entirely possible that the heat fried something.  You can try running the diagnostics on your HDD and RAM here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

Without knowing if you have a bad HDD or not we cant really go much further with the diagnostics.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Who Was Online

• Our picks

• You can perform Acer Chromebook troubleshooting with these steps. Chromebook issues can generally be addressed by resetting the device back to factory defaults, but if the issue is a hardware defect, you will need to first diagnose and then take measures to repair the machine. The following are some of the more common issues you may have with your Acer Chromebook. Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting To begin, many problems can be fixed simply by performing a factory reset of your Chromebook. This will ensure any changes you made to the computer since you received it are wiped out ...

Read more on Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting And Repair 

• 0 replies
    • Don’t fret if you have a dumb home. You can dip your toe into the smart home market with these creative uses for smart plugs. Smart plugs allow you to somewhat automate home tasks that you do routinely or setup procedures for when you leave or enter the home. They do this without the necessity of having a creepy home assistant such as the Amazon Echo, Google Home or any other company that wants to put a listening device in your living room. This article was created to provide some creative uses for smart plugs when we came to realization

Read more on Suggestions For Creative Uses For Smart Plugs For Your Dumb Home

• 0 replies
    • This HP Computer Repair Guide was created for those HP users out there that are either trying to recover from a system crash or are waiting for the inevitable and paralyzed with fear because they will not know what to do when it happens. You have no Windows install disk, after all. What will happen […]

Read more on our HP Computer Repair Guide Tips and Diagnostics Tutorials
      • 0 replies
  • Similar Content

• By davidb7869
      I recently sold a desktop to a client (I'm glad I know her by the way) though I didn't realize she turned automatic updates on apparently (since prior to selling it to her I thought I used a valid product key); the common "this copy of windows is not genuine.." appears on the bottom right corner of the desktop; I had another one I am sure I haven't used that I e-mailed to her and she replied that the new key didn't work--I can't say that I've had this happen before, so I'm wondering what else I can do when I am supposed to look at it tomorrow...thanks.
      "The copy of Windows you are using does not pass genuine validation.  To get all Windows updates and downloads reserved exclusively for genuine Windows, you must validate your copy of Windows now."
    • By Comptr
      Many people have forgotten windows passwords. This is not very difficult, you can remove the password . There's a program for that. You need to write this on a CD or USB stick and boot your computer with it. You can use Windows USB / DVD Tool for this. If you boot your computer with this program and you turn on your computer, the above picture appears and we are waiting for a while. The program is in English but we do not make any changes and we go next next and show us the users. Sometimes the password is solved and displayed directly. Sometimes it does not, but it does not matter. From here, we select the user we want, double-click and we can remove the password and write the password we want. We call it Alt Apply. We say yes to the questions. When we restart the computer, it no longer tells us the password.
      <removed link>
    • By JoshLieghio
      I have a Lenovo E530 running windows 10 and BIOS version H0ET70WW (2.04). When I press the power button the power LED turns on for around 4-5 seconds then turns off. During this time there is no other activity going on in the machine.
      I tried removing the CMOS battery and plugging it back in, removing the battery and draining the power by holding the power button, turning it on with just the AC adapter and dissasembling the laptop and making sure everything is connected. I even tried removing pieces of hardware to see if any of them were a problem e.g. RAM, HDD and Keyboard. 
      I left the laptop off and with no CMOS for over night and the next morning it turned on. but when it boots up it turned off after 5 seconds then booted up again and entered Windows. So, it's a bit of a hormonal laptop and decides itself when it wants to boot up.
      Any one have any ideas? I'm currently trying to get it to boot up so I can run the Lenovo UEFI diagnostics USB on it.
    • By Nightfall
      Hello, I am trying to restore my Windows 98 Gateway so that I can enjoy some old programs once again. It powers on but gives me this error message upon trying to boot to desktop. What is this error and how can I fix it?