• Welcome to PCTechBytes

Hello and welcome to PCTechBytes. We have been providing free computer repair help online since 2003. Feel free to browse the forums, but when you're ready to ask a question or comment, please be sure to register. 

Sign in to follow this  
Stephen664

Unknown format file error after upgrading to Windows 10

Question

Hello community.
After upgrading to Windows 10 i cannot open PDF extension file which is on my flash drive. 
A warning message: "Unknown format file"
How can i remove the error or what should I do? Any suggestions ideas would be great.

2 answers to this question

See if you can right-click the file and then choose "Open with" and select Adobe Reader--if you have it. The built-in Edge web browser should also be able to open it, as well.

Do ANY PDFs open on your system? Or is it just this one?

Sometimes a pdf file becomes damaged or contains corrupt data. If you downloaded the pdf from the Web or received it in an email, download the pdf again or ask the sender to resend it. Copy the file directly to your hard drive, rather than to a thumb (portable) or network drive. Then, open the new copy directly from your hard drive. Also you can use pdf viewer tool, quite light weight and versatile.

Edited by Rob839

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who Was Online

• Our picks

• When we think of survival gadgets, we might think of a compass, a foil blanket or an all-in-one tool to saw down trees, open cans and light your fire. While those gadgets are certainly great to have in an emergency, this is a technology website, so we are going to show you the best tech gadgets for survival should any geek step outdoors. 

Read more on  The Best Tech Survival Gadgets In An Emergency Situation 

• 0 replies
    • The cable companies have you, and they know it. Or do they? This guide to cord cutting will help you wiggle out of the bundle trap you have been ensnared in for the past several years. Cord-cutting is no longer a myth and our guide will explain how to overcome some of the pitfalls you may be concerned about.

Read more on PCTechBytes Cord Cutting Guide Secret Tips and Tricks here.

• 0 replies
    •  

The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is out, but if you are not in the initial wave of the roll-out, it may be some time before you get the update. Fortunately, you can manually download and install it. The Windows 10 Fall Creators update tweaks and streamlines existing features, as well as adding cool new ones.

Get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

The Windows 10 Fall Creators update may already be pending for your system. To check, type in Windows Update into your search box, check for updates, and see if there is one waiting to install. If it says you are currently up to date, you can manually force the Windows 10 Fall Creators update by downloading it here: Windows 10 Fall Creators Download. The download tool checks your system for compatibility, and once it is determined your system specs can run it, the download can begin. A reboot is required to install the Windows Update. You can read our full article on this here: https://www.pctechbytes.com/windows-10/download-windows-10-fall-creators-update/
      • 0 replies
  • Similar Content

• By Bartol
      Hello, I have Canon "iR1018j" Printer and Scanner. I have a problem with connectiong this Printer/mfd to a PC. I have windows 10 based operation system and every driver I download from Canon is not recognizing my device when I connect my printer to Pc over usb. Printer is a little bit older modell so it does not support network. Things I have tryed:
      - Downloading drivers from Cannon.
      -Trying manually adding Device under "Devices and printers" by selecting Virtual Usb 000.
      -Searching for any other driver on windows update option ( No new driver found ! ).
      -Trying putting compatibility to win xp/7/8.
      - Using multiple usb cabel.
      - Tryed the tipps that Canon gave with trying to plug usb at proper time.

And nothing worked, can anybody that has expirience or same printer maybe answer my question

Some maybe neccessary info :

Modell of my notebook : Acer aspire 5560G
      Updated BIOS.
    • By Dave@Bytes

The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is out, but if you are not in the initial wave of the roll-out, it may be some time before you get the update. Fortunately, you can manually download and install it. The Windows 10 Fall Creators update tweaks and streamlines existing features, as well as adding cool new ones.
      Get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
      The Windows 10 Fall Creators update may already be pending for your system. To check, type in Windows Update into your search box, check for updates, and see if there is one waiting to install. If it says you are currently up to date, you can manually force the Windows 10 Fall Creators update by downloading it here: Windows 10 Fall Creators Download. The download tool checks your system for compatibility, and once it is determined your system specs can run it, the download can begin. A reboot is required to install the Windows Update. You can read our full article on this here: https://www.pctechbytes.com/windows-10/download-windows-10-fall-creators-update/
    • By Arthur_Barker
      Hi, 
      My Desktop has recently been updated, and it now won't start up again. I turn it on and it just gets stuck on that spinning wheel. I tried that rebooting it three times to get the start up repair but it never appears. Any idea on how to fix this?

Arthur 
    • By Michael Clark
      I can't login in my ThinkPad laptop after installing the latest updates. It keeps saying the password is wrong. However, I never changed the password as far as I know. I contacted the official support and they can't help on this.
      Does anyone know any good fix? 
    • By kutibip
      Hey mates, how can i rehabilitate all my images in PDF presantation...?