• Welcome to PCTechBytes

Hello and welcome to PCTechBytes. We have been providing free computer repair help online since 2003. Feel free to browse the forums, but when you're ready to ask a question or comment, please be sure to register. 

Sign in to follow this  
Majid Nazir

Factory Reset

Question

Dear All,

I have HP probook 450 G4 Notebook and it came with windows 10 pro.I have formatted my hard disk.recovery partition gone.I did not create any recovery DVD/USB.

Now i want complete factory reset. I have downloaded USB_Recovery from HP cloud using HP cloud client software against my notebook serial number.But when i try factory reset it gives only option to install windows 10.No factory reset option.i have tried many partition recovery software but in vain.I have an idea,my friend have same model with windows 10 pro.i can create recovery USB from that notebook and use it to recover my notebook to factory reset.Is it possible ?

Or any other solution ?

Please Guide ...

Regards,

Majid Nazir.

Edited by Majid Nazir
Mistake

3 answers to this question

I would think the recovery you got from HP will suffice.  It should load the drivers and OS and activate it.  You should be fine.  You could do a USB recovery from the other notebook as long as it is the exact same model.

4 hours ago, Dr_Bob said:

I would think the recovery you got from HP will suffice.  It should load the drivers and OS and activate it.  You should be fine.  You could do a USB recovery from the other notebook as long as it is the exact same model.

Thanks Dr_Bob ..

HP downloaded recovery USB do not create recovery partition on hard drive.No factory reset.

Will the USB recovery from other notebook of exact same model create recovery partition on HDD ?

Means it will take notebook to exact original factory settings in which it was shipped ???

I do not believe it will.  It will likely do similar to the HP recovery you already have.