Sign in to follow this  
Dragonborn99

upgrade my build

Posted (edited)

OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 10 Home
System Manufacturer:       MSI
System Model:              MS-7641
System Type:               x64-based PC
Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.
                           [01]: AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3 AuthenticAMD ~3300 Mhz
BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. V17.5, 12/13/2011
Total Physical Memory:     4,095 MB
Video card:                  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Installed RAM:             4.00 GB

Disc Drive:                   CD-ROM Drive

With 850W power supply.

I need to get a new shell, but I would don't want to get a new processor and motherboard If I don't have too.  I wanted to see how much the parts my cost to bring this up to par, or if I should just buy a new desktop around $1500.

Let me know if there are any other specs you want to know about.

Edited by Dragonborn99

I would make sure you have at least 16GBs or RAM, a newer graphics card and a solid state hard drive (if you do not already have one) and I think that should be fine. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Who Was Online

• Our picks

• You can perform Acer Chromebook troubleshooting with these steps. Chromebook issues can generally be addressed by resetting the device back to factory defaults, but if the issue is a hardware defect, you will need to first diagnose and then take measures to repair the machine. The following are some of the more common issues you may have with your Acer Chromebook. Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting To begin, many problems can be fixed simply by performing a factory reset of your Chromebook. This will ensure any changes you made to the computer since you received it are wiped out ...

Read more on Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting And Repair 

• 0 replies
    • Don’t fret if you have a dumb home. You can dip your toe into the smart home market with these creative uses for smart plugs. Smart plugs allow you to somewhat automate home tasks that you do routinely or setup procedures for when you leave or enter the home. They do this without the necessity of having a creepy home assistant such as the Amazon Echo, Google Home or any other company that wants to put a listening device in your living room. This article was created to provide some creative uses for smart plugs when we came to realization

Read more on Suggestions For Creative Uses For Smart Plugs For Your Dumb Home

• 0 replies
  • Similar Content

• By foxdodge
      So it's been a long time coming, but I finally decided to get myself a new CPU fan and upgrade from the old vacuum cleaner that was my stock AMD fan. Bought myself a Gammax S40, because I was on a budget, and this thing got decent reviews, and when tested, ran pretty silently at max output.
      So, I got the fan home, set up my shock-proof area, cleaned out the dust (lord, it was a mess), removed the stock fan, cleaned off the thermal paste, applied some arctic silver, and... the mounting brackets for the fan don't reach the clips.
      The fan should have been compatible and everything and I'm rather confused. The brackets just simply aren't long enough for this to actually work. So what should I do? Take the fan back? Find a new mounting clip to attach to the mobo? Right now my pc is sitting here without a fan on the cpu, unplugged, because I don't want to reapply that old piece of shit fan just to have to take it off and clean everything again.
      Suggestions? I'm frustrated and my anxiety has spiked.  This is definitely not my area of expertise.
      In case it is relevant, my mobo is a sabertooth 990fx, and the processor is an AMD FX-8100 series.
    • By TimeShifts
      Hello,

I have a 2-in-1 HP Pavilion x2 Detachable 12-b000 Notebook that will not boot up when I press the power button. Though, surprisingly, when I plug in my phone charger to the USB port and connect it to my phone, whenever I press the power button, my phone's screen would light up indicating that there is some sort of connection between my phone and the laptop but there is no phone charging happening.

When I plug in the battery charger, there is a white light that appears next to the battery port, signalling that the battery is fully charged.

Sometimes, though very rarely, I am able to boot up the laptop but the laptop screen has to be in a certain position. If I move it or push down on it, the laptop shuts back down. When it does boot up, it shows that the battery is fully charged, so I am assuming that the laptop's battery is working fine. The laptop also appears to always be in tablet mode whenever it is on though if I change it to laptop mode, it does not shut off or anything. The keyboard and the mouse pad works if the laptop is able to boot into Windows 10.

I have come to deduce that it is either the screen or some other hardware. For curiosity, what could be the cause of this issue? Could it be water spilling into the laptop or just bad hardware pieces? I had this laptop for about a year now and the warranty for the laptop expired. Before I try to repair this laptop, I need to know which part is the issue.
    • By RealDitchDigger
      Hi,
      I'm a University of Maryland student and my marketing class has asked us to do a survey.
      Anyone who has purchased an AMD Ryzen7 processor, could you please fill out this short survey.
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F2FFCKN
      Thank you for your assistance.
    • By gadwag
      There are red, black and brown wires leading from my motherboard to my power switch pcb. Shorting the red and brown ones together turns the laptop on (but not off, which is odd). I shorted the red and black ones together while the laptop was on and now it does nothing when I press the power switch/short red and brown together. No power LED, no fan movement, nothing. What component have I killed?

Plugging into charge turns on the charging LED, but that is the only thing the laptop responds to. The laptop is a samsung qx-310, by the way.
    • By lenovo121
      I have a Intel i3 processor CPU but my CPU will not working properly.When i connected to the monitor only window logo shown then suddenly message will pop up that system not respond.What can i do ?