Sign in to follow this  
Leman

Setting Clock in CMOS: Packard Bell Desktop

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi

I obtained a disk with which to reinstall WXP to use as a Home server. Seems to me it was not properly done because sometimes I the Destop Ok. Other times I get, 'Boot from CD.

With the Disk in the drive and using F2 I get: CMOS Setup Utility Copywrite (C) 1984-2004 Award Software.    Main: Advanced: PcIPnP: Boot: Secirity: EXit.

I have included these because the date/time is wrong.

How do I set the date and then Install XP ?.

Thank you

Edited by Leman

3 answers to this question

We need the model of the PC and we can tell you how to change the time.  The time should be set from within the BIOS which is usually F2 on bootup.  Once the time is set, and if you unplug the PC and replug it back in and the time is wrong, then you would need to change the battery.  You can also test the battery with a multimeter to see if it is 3V or greater.  If so, battery is fine.  After you change a battery you have to go into the BIOS and fix the date and time.  Incorrect date and time will sometimes bother Windows.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Who Was Online

• Our picks

• You can perform Acer Chromebook troubleshooting with these steps. Chromebook issues can generally be addressed by resetting the device back to factory defaults, but if the issue is a hardware defect, you will need to first diagnose and then take measures to repair the machine. The following are some of the more common issues you may have with your Acer Chromebook. Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting To begin, many problems can be fixed simply by performing a factory reset of your Chromebook. This will ensure any changes you made to the computer since you received it are wiped out ...

Read more on Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting And Repair 

• 0 replies
    • Don’t fret if you have a dumb home. You can dip your toe into the smart home market with these creative uses for smart plugs. Smart plugs allow you to somewhat automate home tasks that you do routinely or setup procedures for when you leave or enter the home. They do this without the necessity of having a creepy home assistant such as the Amazon Echo, Google Home or any other company that wants to put a listening device in your living room. This article was created to provide some creative uses for smart plugs when we came to realization

Read more on Suggestions For Creative Uses For Smart Plugs For Your Dumb Home

• 0 replies