• Join The PCTechBytes Community

Welcome to PCTechBytes! Whether your a battle-seasoned geek or a technology novice, sign up for the free PCTechBytes forums to interact with other like-minded people. Get computer help or assist a fellow member and do your good deed for the day. The forums are heavily moderated and friendly, so join today and begin posting now!

Sign in to follow this  
Yezhov

Email question.

Question

Probably the wrong sub forum, but a basic question. I am far from having any expertise!

I live in the UK and my ISP is BT (British Telecom).

I have 3 email accounts/addresses One at bt,, one at gmail and the other at Hotmail.

I seem to be unable to send an email if I have to send the email directly from a website.

For example,recently, I tried to send an email from the CNN.website.

The usual type of email address was not given. I was simply asked to fill in my name, then my email address (I used my BT address) and lastly to click send.

The email did not get through.

What is the correct procedure for sending the email in this situation?

10 answers to this question

Hi, if you filled in a form on a website, the email is handled by the website and not by your email account.  They may have asked for your email for their records, or to put you on a mailing list, etc...not sure. But in the case you mentioned, your email address would not matter. Were you expecting an automated response from them? Did you check you SPAM box?

Thanks for the reply.!

I'm pretty sure I have only ever sent 2 emails from websites..

The first was to ( a UK government body) the DVLA.  I received an acknowledgement sent to my email address next day.

After I had written the email to CNN, then  clicked send, this page vanished but then  appeared again as if I had not filled in the required information mentioned in my first email.

I then looked at the email address I gave, but there was no acknowledgement my email had reached them..

If the email had reached CNN I would have expected a response to my question or, at least, an automated 

response.

Again, am I doing something wrong or is the problem more likely to be caused by some kind of flaw in the CNN website?

I would try to do it one more time and make sure you are not missing any CAPTCHA box or "I'm not a robot" check box and try to resend.  Odds are it is either something small missed or their site was having a hiccup.

I tried again today and was told the email had been sent.

I asked for confirmation to be sent and so I will check my email later today or tomorrow..

Paste a link from the site (contact page) where you are filling in the form so I can look at it. Sounds like they are getting the email, but for whatever reason they are not responding. Or your provider is blocking the response. 

Basically I'm ignorant about computers!

All I do is send some emails and surf the net, but I will eventually learn how to paste.

At present,Is it possible for you to go to the CNN website, click on CNN anchors and attempt to send an email to Chris Cuomo.

Note,at first I type "CNN contact" into Google.

I'm sure your emails are getting to someone, but I am not sure they would get back to you immediately. Not sure how many emails they get on a daily basis. It would be nice if there was an auto-response of some type so you know the email was at least received. 

All I can assure you is the burden of the email being to delivered to them is not on you or your email address. These forms are setup to channel the emails to them without any NEED for your email. They like you to have an email address so they can maybe SPAM you on a later date or add you to a newsletter, etc. Or they may just want it to verify you are not a bot spamming them. 

Good luck, I hope you get a response from them soon. 

I understand!

It just puzzles me I have not, so far, even received what you called an "automated response".

Cuomo is the anchor for a show called "New Day" and viewers are invited to send an email expressing an opinion on some part of the programme or an email simply asking for information.

In other words viewer participation is encouraged so it surprises me that an acknowledgement, of some kind, is not forthcoming.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• We all want a simple DIY OTA TV recording solution. Watching television over the air is nothing new–people have been doing it for decades. Having the ability to bring a high definition signal into your home, record it and–in some cases–remove commercials, is definitely a game-changer in this space. The era of streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu and YouTube TV, have made cord-cutting virtually painless, as viewers can dump their pricey cable bundles and cable box rentals for cheaper streaming television services. But the questions has always been, what do I do about my local channels? 

Read the full post on Simple DIY OTA TV Recording and Viewing Options 
      • 0 replies
    • Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting And Repair
      You can perform Acer Chromebook troubleshooting with these steps. Chromebook issues can generally be addressed by resetting the device back to factory defaults, but if the issue is a hardware defect, you will need to first diagnose and then take measures to repair the machine. The following are some of the more common issues you may have with your Acer Chromebook. Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting To begin, many problems can be fixed simply by performing a factory reset of your Chromebook. This will ensure any changes you made to the computer since you received it are wiped out ...

Read more on Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting And Repair 

• 0 replies