• Join The PCTechBytes Community

Welcome to PCTechBytes! Whether your a battle-seasoned geek or a technology novice, sign up for the free PCTechBytes forums to interact with other like-minded people. Get computer help or assist a fellow member and do your good deed for the day. The forums are heavily moderated and friendly, so join today and begin posting now!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cinque8

My HP printer won't print envelopes

Question

Hello,

I asked this question on the HP forum, but incredibly no one had the answer. So, before I toss my printer I thought I would ask this question here. I have a HP Officejet 4500 Desktop printer that I have had for a couple of years. Up until a few days ago, my printer would print 8 1/2 x 11 letter size sheets and 9 1/2 x 4 1/2  size envelopes with no problem. But now for some reason my printer will not print the envelopes. I will load the 4 1/2 inch edge into the paper tray but the envelope stalls or jams. I see no signs of paper jams in the front or the back of the printer. I have reset the printer according to HP instructions. I have run the Printer Status Report and the Extended Self-Test report with no problems.

Any help that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 answer to this question

Odds are you need to either do one of two things:

1:) if that printer is worth it, i.e. monetarily or sentimentally, get a maintenance kit for it and replace the rollers.

2:) get something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PACK-Blow-Off-10oz-Rubber-Rejuvenator-and-Cleaner-Office-Spray-Can-AR-AR1-2/271273191008?hash=item3f29246660:g:URgAAOSwKtVWznb6

I used that stuff all the time when I worked in a foundry trying to extend the life of printers.  Works great.  Only downside is if your rollers are really used you will be using this stuff every other week or so.

• Our picks

• We all want a simple DIY OTA TV recording solution. Watching television over the air is nothing new–people have been doing it for decades. Having the ability to bring a high definition signal into your home, record it and–in some cases–remove commercials, is definitely a game-changer in this space. The era of streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu and YouTube TV, have made cord-cutting virtually painless, as viewers can dump their pricey cable bundles and cable box rentals for cheaper streaming television services. But the questions has always been, what do I do about my local channels? 

Read the full post on Simple DIY OTA TV Recording and Viewing Options 
      • 0 replies
    • Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting And Repair
      You can perform Acer Chromebook troubleshooting with these steps. Chromebook issues can generally be addressed by resetting the device back to factory defaults, but if the issue is a hardware defect, you will need to first diagnose and then take measures to repair the machine. The following are some of the more common issues you may have with your Acer Chromebook. Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting To begin, many problems can be fixed simply by performing a factory reset of your Chromebook. This will ensure any changes you made to the computer since you received it are wiped out ...

Read more on Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting And Repair 

• 0 replies