• Join The PCTechBytes Community

Welcome to PCTechBytes! Whether your a battle-seasoned geek or a technology novice, sign up for the free PCTechBytes forums to interact with other like-minded people. Get computer help or assist a fellow member and do your good deed for the day. The forums are heavily moderated and friendly, so join today and begin posting now!

laserbeam

Windows Media Player

Question

Posted (edited)

Been unable to burn a cd with wmp, keep getting the message connect a burner. The other half  just got a refurbished HP desktop on Wednesday and so far things were going fine till this, any suggestions?

Edited by laserbeam

6 answers to this question

Hey laserbeam and welcome back,

What are you burning from,  music files from the pc ?  and what format are using for the burn if you even get that far for your audio music files,  such as .wmp, .avi .mp3 etc...

Make sure the cd is not already written to ripped or burned,  possibly update your WMP drivers or see if Windows needs to be updated,  what Windows are you running by the way ?  the truth be told I have never used the WMP for burning,  I use other burners like ImgBurn, InfraRecorder,  Rufus etc...but mainly for ISO's,  myself I just download music to my thumb drive for the car,  but let us know so we can get you running.

Posted (edited)

Yes it has been a while, couldn't find your site---forgot the name lol.  He told me it was a cd that was already burned,  it has win 10 OS, just got it this past Wednesday and everything was fine till he got that message.  I tried different things  I found on the internet but nothing helped.  This morning I realized he had another external cd burner which I hooked up and that worked using WMP, so why wouldn't it work with the cd drive that is in the tower?  Just curious where do u download your music from?   I went into apps & features and tried to install wmp again but will not work, doing a system restore to c if that will help if not where can i download wmp?  Nevermind, I got wmp back on.  

Edited by laserbeam
deleted wmp

Yeah burned cd's are only good for one time unless it is a re-writable cd,  the disc would show the type it is and would have CD-R-W on the package or label,  and Dave took down the site because it was getting crushed with to much spam at one time then he brought it back so send the word out,  he is open for business :biggrin:

I just google for a lot of music videos then convert them when downloading  to change the file extension,  or download from a cd then upload to the usb.

Have you tried this?

How to download Media Player for Windows 7?
How to Reinstall Windows Media Player in Windows 7, 8, or 10 to Solve Problems
  1. Step 1: Uninstall Windows Media Player. Open up Control Panel and type “windows features” into the search box, and then click on Turn Windows features on or off. ...
  2. Step 2: Reboot. That is all.
  3. Step 3: Turn Windows Media Player Back On.
  • Like 1

I use to convert a lot of videos from you tube but started to not work so well so I quit.  What converter do u use?

Hi Laserbeam....glad you found us again. 

I do not burn anything these days....I generally just use Spotify and watch the videos on YouTube. If you're looking to make backup copies of Blu-Ray movies you own, I used to use DVDFab (commercial program) or Handbreak (free). But again, I pretty much just keep things in the cloud. 

There is a good service out there you guys may or may not heard of called MoviesAnywhere. You essentially buy movies form Amazon or Google Play or Vudo and they show up in this cloud account you create on MoviesAnywhere. You can then get the app for your Roku player or Smart TV. Works pretty good. 

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Our picks

• We all want a simple DIY OTA TV recording solution. Watching television over the air is nothing new–people have been doing it for decades. Having the ability to bring a high definition signal into your home, record it and–in some cases–remove commercials, is definitely a game-changer in this space. The era of streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu and YouTube TV, have made cord-cutting virtually painless, as viewers can dump their pricey cable bundles and cable box rentals for cheaper streaming television services. But the questions has always been, what do I do about my local channels? 

Read the full post on Simple DIY OTA TV Recording and Viewing Options 
      • 0 replies
    • Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting And Repair
      You can perform Acer Chromebook troubleshooting with these steps. Chromebook issues can generally be addressed by resetting the device back to factory defaults, but if the issue is a hardware defect, you will need to first diagnose and then take measures to repair the machine. The following are some of the more common issues you may have with your Acer Chromebook. Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting To begin, many problems can be fixed simply by performing a factory reset of your Chromebook. This will ensure any changes you made to the computer since you received it are wiped out ...

Read more on Acer Chromebook Troubleshooting And Repair 

• 0 replies